Valheim’s Hearth and Home update is here. The Viking survival game hit Steam’s Early Access in February, and its popularity took the small development team by surprise. The Hearth and Home update was initially planned for early summer, but it were put on hold to iron out some minor bugs and shit.
Hearth and Home will concentrate on improvements to the building aspect of Valheim, as well as food rebalancing and adjustments to blocking and staggering enemies.
Hearth & Home is the first of several planned updates, with ‘Cult of the Wolf’ and ‘Ships and the Sea’ to follow.
Valheim’s Hearth and Home update will release on September 16 at 9am ET/ 3pm CEST/ 2pm BST.
Patch 0.202.14 (HEARTH & HOME)
- Weapons rebalanced (All weapons have been rebalanced to be more viable as main weapon and also have more unique playstyles)
- Blocking system overhauled (Current maximum hp now greatly affects your ability to block attacks, stagger bar gui added)
- Naming tamed creatures
- Gamepad sensitivity settings
- Auto-pickup toggle button added
- Graphics settings (Active point lights & Active point light shadows)
- Tamed creatures affected by friendly fire setting (i.e you can’t hurt a tamed creature unless you enable friendly fire or use the new Butcher knife item)
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
- Food rebalance (Most food items now give mainly stamina or mainly health to make food choices more interesting)
- Food GUI overhauled to work better with the rebalanced food
- Over 10 new things to eat (Actually 12)
- Tamed Lox now have a purpose
- Slimy locations & creatures added to plains
- New plantable seeds: Birch, Oak & Onions
- New weapons: Crystal battleaxe, Silver knife
- New shields: Bone tower shield, Iron buckler
- Butcher knife (Special weapon for butchering tamed animals)
- Thunder stone (Sold by trader)
- Lox accessory
- New Darkwood building pieces like shingle roofs, beams, decorations and more
- New types of furniture, including but not limited to a mighty stone throne and a steamy viking hot tub
- Crystal walls
- New types of stacks to show off your treasure and resources
- Cauldron improvements: Spice rack, Butcher’s table, Pots and pans
- Cartography table (For sharing map-data with other players)
- Oven added (For baking bread and pie)
- Obliterator added (Items be gone)
- Iron cooking station (Required to cook some types of meat)